Workshop on Climate Technology Implementation and Its solution for Sustainable Development
6~8 November 2017 Jeju-do, Republic of Korea
In this era of globalization, new products and services are introduced daily with the rapid advancement of technology, and thus, eco-innovation became important in order for the global society to respond to sustainable development and overcome problems such as climate change, low-efficiency and natural resource crisis. Climate Technology, which is the term for advanced technologies of adaptation and mitigation to respond to Climate change, is an alternative solution. Developed nations recognize the importance of innovative technologies tackling climate change and other environmental problems as a driving force in creating new industry and job since long ago, and they accelerated their efforts in preoccupying this global market ever since.
In order for countries to succeed in sustainable development, it is important for governments to actively engage in fostering adaptation of advanced climate technology as well as best practices of climate policies. The focus is sustainable development for taking into account of efficiency as well as productivity.
Sound scientific and manageable solutions are required not only for emerging environmental issues, but also for shortcomings in existing environmental policies. In this sense, this workshop will provide participants with information and understanding of the concept of advanced climate technologies, sustainable development, promoting efficiency and green policy management.
A successful completion of the workshop will enable participants to understand and evaluate different approaches to environmental innovation through concepts such as eco-innovation, environmental consulting and engineering, technical assistance for regulatory development, environmental management and government resources coordination.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- construct a clearer picture of climate technology and its significance in environmental management;
- identify needs and various environmental governance challenges faced by developing countries;
- demonstrate familiarity with the concept of sustainability through climate technology transfer and capacity building; and
- understand and apply green policy and management strategies to the cases of various participating governance.
Content and structure
The training will include the following: (tentative)
- topic 1: Advanced Climate Technologies in Korean Research Institute
- topic 2: Climate Policies in Regional Government
- topic 3: The Importance of Climate Technology Cooperation
- topic 4: Case Studies of International Climate Technology Cooperation
The training will be comprised of:
- presentations and discussions
- knowledge sharing among participants
- technical visits to experience in sight
Central/local government officials and experts from Asia and the Pacific working in the areas of environment, energy, climate technology and other related areas
- Event type: Workshop (A certificate will be awarded at the end of the workshop.)
- Date and venue: 6~8 November 2017, Jeju International Training Center
- Organizers: UNITAR CIFAL Jeju, Green Technology Center-Korea(GTC-K)
- Partner: Jeju Special Self-Governing Province
Selected applicants are required to:
- submit necessary documents on time, i.e., registration form etc.
- complete and submit pre-training readings and assignments, i.e. case studies, self-assessment, etc.
- actively participate in the training program
- be fluent in written and spoken English
Registration and deadline
Send the following 7 documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2017 (Friday):
1. Download forms or guidelines from TBA
(b) Letter of nomination
(c) Letter of commitment
(d) Case study description (see guidelines)
(e) Acknowledgement, waiver and release of liability
(f) Consent to collection, usage and disclosure of personal information
2. Curriculum vitae (CV) – form of your own (※Late registration will not be accepted.)
- Participation is subject to approval of the application by UNITAR CIFAL Jeju.
- Selected applicants will be notified individually.
Assistance with travel expenses
- GTC/UNITAR CIFAL Jeju provides round trip airfare to Jeju-do, Republic of Korea.
- Local expenses (accommodation-to-venue transportation, accommodation and meals) during the workshop will be covered by GTC/ UNITAR CIFAL Jeju.
- All other expenses are the responsibility of the participants.